Thursday, August 6, 2009

Series Final Assignment

ASSIGNMENT #7

FINAL ASSIGNMENT (Individual Series)

You’ll spend the second half of the semester working on a series of assignments based on a theme of your choice. Next year you’ll have to come up with your own series each semester, so think of this as practice for senior thesis. When you’re coming up with your series, try to think of what type of illustration work you might be interested in once you graduate – childrens’ books, graphic novels, editorial work, book covers, poster work, etc, and try to gear your work in that direction. Imagine that you’re starting to put your portfolio together, what type of work would best promote it for that specific genre of illustration?
______________________________________________________________

This assignment was fairly open ended. We could make whatever work we wanted, there just had to be a series of it. I new this was to help us step into our thesis ideas and I think I was to do some kinda of fashion illustration for my thesis so that was I concentrated on. For these four I tried to stay with a similar color palate and look. I am really happy with how they turned out as a whole. This project really helped me get a better idea of what I want to do for senior thesis.



No comments:

Post a Comment